Sunday, May 13, 2007

He too is in need of a Savior


When you're a parent of a new born you spend a lot of time just staring at your baby - waiting for him to perform his next trick. In doing this I have had a lot of time to think about what kind of father I will be and what I hope Peter will become. My thoughts have often led me back to this: Peter is a sinner too and desperately in need of Jesus Christ to be His Savior. When he is sleeping he looks so innocent to me, but I know that he, like everyone else, must one day repent and trust in Christ for salvation, because beneath his adorable exterior there is a wicked heart deserving of God's justice. May my first ministry always be to my family - faithfully pointing them to the only hope that any of us have: Jesus Christ crucified.

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2007 at 5:40 AM , Blogger pastor justin said...

Great post. We have taught Karis to say, "I am a sinner. I need a Savior." Then, she will ask, "Daddy-O need a Savior too?" It is great to have a 2 year old preach the gospel to me.

Yes, Karis, Daddy-O needs a Savior, too. Who is that Savior, Karis? "Jesus is Savior."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home