Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Mother's Love




I know that Mother's Day was a long time ago...but I am still trying to adjust to the fact that I am a mother at all. What a wonderful feeling to look at a precious little baby and know that I am his mother! The feeling does not have words. Peter is now 5 weeks old and the time has just flown by! (I would not have said that during the first three nights at home, however!) God has given me so much grace to be a mother. There are so many decisions that need to be made - some big, some small - and they not only affect me, but my little one as well. I remember praying for strength and wisdom so much during the first week and being worried that I would not be a good mother. Not to say that I am perfect by any means, but it is just amazing how God gives you the grace that you ask for - minute by minute! I have not stopped praying for wisdom, and I have no reason to believe that God will not be faithful for the rest of the hard moments to come in Peter's life. What a friend we have in Jesus!!
On another note, Peter went to have his one month check up and everything looks great! Peter is now 7 pounds, 12 ounces and 21 7/8 long. He got a shot while he was there - he was so brave!

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 at 11:59 AM , Blogger jeanna said...

It is only by God's grace that we can truly be good mothers. God is good and He does sustain us. You look so good Keri, you don't even look like you had a baby! I am so excited for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home