Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moody Gardens

At the end of July, we went down to visit my parents in Houston. I thought I had posted these pics already, but when I looked back at the blog I realized I hadn't! So, here they are! :)We first went to Moody Gardens. This is easily one of my favorite places on Earth! I just love the atmosphere and all the nature and science involved. Moody Gardens was hosting a Titanic exhibit and this was actually a wall of ice that was supposed to give you an idea as to how cold the water was when the passengers fell into the freezng water. I could barely touch it!
Then we went into the Rainforest Pyramid. I just love walking along and pretending I am deep in the rainforest on an expidition! :) They have really done a great job at recreating the different rainforests of the world.
Always goofing around.... :) What a perfect photo op!
This guy was just hanging out - I barely hd to use the zoom he was so close - yikes!
One cool part is where you can go in this cave and walk under the water fall. Peter liked this part because we let him out to walk.
After the Rainforest pyramid we went to the Aquarium Pyramind. They had a shark divers cage set up....here is Peter as shark bait.
This exhibit was neat because the whole wall was glass looking into the tank. Peter loved to walk up and down, watching the seals dart around.


This sting ray loved Peter....I think it is so cool how they were so curious about each other. The Aquarium was so pretty. They really captured the feeling of being underwater.



The next day we went to the Science Musuem again....another one of my most-favorite places! There is a pendulum that swings with the Earth's rotation and knocks down the little wooden chips. Of course we had to make our day complete by seeing one get knocked down!



I just love this pic of Brent with the seashells. You can follow the line around and see how they get bigger and bigger!


In the basement floor of the museum, there is a hands-on section. You get to touch and explore the different areas of physics. I had to get a pic of my Dad by his favorite part!
A trip to the museum is not complete without a walk through the hall of gems and minerals. Our God is so creative and His handiwork is so beautiful! I liked this one - it looks like a marshmellow! :)


Peter got to have his first ever train ride! And I am so glad that Papa Jon was there for it! We had so much fun - of course it started to rain about two minutes after this pic and we got so wet! But that just made it MORE fun!

We had a fabulous time Mom and Dad - can't wait to do it all again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home