Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cubbie awards and other news

Our Peter has graduated from Cubbies!  He finished two books and memorized every verse that was required of him for 2 years.  We give praise to God alone who gave Peter his "sharp mind".  What a joy it has been to memorize the verses with him and to see little light bulbs come on as he begins to understand the gospel.  What is more, we are so excited to see what God will do with these little seeds of truth that have been planted as Peter memorizes the Word of God.  
 In a way, I feel like I earned the book awards too, having worked on the verses everyday and sewn on all those little patches.  :)


 You can't tell from the picture, but the Cubbies are singing the Cubbie Song....so cute.
 Here he is with his teacher this year, Miss Johnna.  He also got the award for perfect attendance.
 Taking a flying leap (how else?) back to his chair after getting his awards.
 In other news, Brent and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary!  Wow.  I praise the Lord for the strength of our marriage and the godliness of my husband.  I love him more than the day I married him, and know that God has wonderful things in store for us....no matter how hard or happy, it will all be good. For our anniversary Brent ordered me the sweetest necklace with the kid's names (I'll post that later) and this pretty apron from Anthropologie.  I just love a good apron!
Peter has taken his first shower. On April 25th he officially said good bye to baths and literally stepped into boyhood.  :)  He was so proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home