Monday, November 26, 2007

Giving Thanks

This year, I realized more than ever that I have so much to be thankful for. Right away I think of the obvious things - family, friends, house, food. But this year it meant so much more for me to think of my Savior, Jesus Christ. For the first time in a long time the gospel hit me very hard this fall season. To think that I was a sinner, destined for Hell with out any realization of the state I was in; not knowing who Christ was, not knowing where I was headed, and not caring. I was not seeking God, I was only seeking myself. BUT GOD being so gracious, merciful, and kind found it possible to love me even though I did not love Him. He came to me without me asking for Him first and He saved my by the precious blood of His Son. The perfect sacrifice of Christ was given for me to pay for all of my sin. And now, my sinful life has been wiped clean and when God looks at me He no longer sees me, but Christ. For nothing good I have ever done I now have this alien righteousness that I could not earn. What an unspeakable gift, and what a thing to be thankful for. I realize this holiday season, that if it were not for God sending His son, and were it not for the obedience of that Son, I would be living still for myself, for things that do not matter and I would be heading for a place where there is no rest and no hope. Thank you, thank you Father for the gift of your Son!
I am so thankful also, for a husband that continues to point me to the Word, who continues to remind me that God should be central, and for a son of my own that I get to proclaim the excellencies of Christ to for as long as he lives!

1 Comments:

At November 28, 2007 at 1:20 PM , Blogger S+S Kline said...

Amen! Very well put! We have such an awesome God! It sounds as if you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving. So glad you were able to get together with all the family. Peter is such a cutie...I just wish he and Adam could meet in person! Maybe one day... :)

Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home