Sunday, May 12, 2013

Around the world in 5 days

So we are wrapping up the school year.  We still have two units left, but I really wanted to show pictures from this one as it was so much fun!  We studied the seven continents.  I am loving my local library these days....


...I got books on each continent (not all shown).

Then I found this world map that I got from my friend, Annie, a few years ago.  So each lesson would start with locating the continent on the map, revving up our imaginary jet planes and 'flying' to our destination.  Then we would read a book, watch an instructional you tube video, do a craft and talk about a missionary that we know/support on that continent.  (SO wonderful that we almost know one from every continent! Someone needs to be sent to Australia and Antarctica...any takers? :)) The day would end with eating food from that continent as well....which I think I enjoyed more than the kids! Here are a few pics of the things we did (North and South America not shown, I totally forgot to take pics) 

                                                       
 When we studied Asia we went to see the Japanese Gardens and eat at Pei Wei.  The boys really loved seeing the "ninja house"!

                                                 

 Our study of Europe really just ended up being focused on Italy.  Europe is so diverse that we had to just pick one country.  So here is Peter showing off his pasta art work.
 For Australia we made boomerangs....
 ...for Antarctica we made edible igloos...

 ...and for Africa we made drums.  I love how even Justin and Jane got into most of the action.  :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home