Monday, June 24, 2013

Leo Carillo State Beach

 We are still looking for a beach that we love.  We have tried a few, but I think this one will be my favorite.  The water was so cold that I didn't even attempt to get in.  But the kids did.  The rocks were so pretty and during low tide you can see tide pools filled with wildlife.  But I love the beach at sunset.  I have not gotten to see a beach sunset in quite a while, so we went out in the late afternoon in order to let our time include the end of the day.
 

 I was brave and went to pose for a pic....but then the water rushed up and sent me running  back to the dry sand.






We went for dinner and then came back for sunset.  It was freezing, but well worth the 15 windy minutes.  



Just to throw this picture in....across the street from our apartment there is a mountain with a museum at the top...kind of a country western thing.  This beautiful tree is at one of the bends of the hiking trail.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home