Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Getting so big!

Things are going very well, here at the Osterberg home front! Peter has cut a top tooth! He handled it very well, he slept fine and fussing was at a minimum. :) This past weekend we went down to Houston to continue work on our NANC certification. This means we are one baby step closer to becoming certified as Biblical Counselors! We still have a long way to go, but with a journey as rich, sanctifying and filled with truth as this one is, we don't mind the long haul! This past weekend was about the wife's and husband's role in marriage and then they taught on the parent's and child's role as well....talk about convicting! Brent and I realized that as much as we love the Lord and love each other, there are things that each of us are doing that we did not really even realize were sins. I will give an example of my own....I know that there are a lot of wives that read this blog, and I pray this blesses and convicts you the way it did me. In Ephesians 5:22, it says, "Wives be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord." (Emphasis mine) I have heard this verse so many times, but this weekend it really took on new meaning. In others words, we are to be submitting to our husbands the way we would submit to God. And you have to look at yourself and in the way you respond to your husband and ask yourself, "Would I respond to him, say that to him, act this way toward him if it were Christ that were standing there?" YIKES! If Christ asked me to do something, I would not do half of the things that I do when Brent asks things of me.....like rolling my eyes, slouching my shoulders, out right asking "why?" in a disrespectful tone, or do it with a smile but in my heart be complaining. Thoughts can count as disrespect too! God put Brent over me and I need to submit in a loving and respectful way....even if I don't think it is the best way, or even if I think that I could do it better/faster. (Now, this of course excludes sin....if your husband is asking you to sin, you must not submit!) I need to remember that I am going to stand alone before Christ one day and give an account for the way I lived and the things I chose to do and not do.....as my husband, it is one of Brent's jobs to help me prepare for that day....by praying with me, washing me with the Word, keeping me accountable for my quiet times and scripture memory...etc, etc, etc. And I must say that Brent is doing an excellent job at this! I think that as women, we have the tendency to respond negatively. Either because we feel convicted or because we are blind to our own sin. I am so thankful for a husband that is so determined to point me toward Christ.
I learned so many other things during the weekend, but this in one that stuck out the most. :) Thanks for reading this part, more pics are below.
Peter is always so interested in the guitar! I thought this picture was so sweet...we need to get Peter his own one day!
Thank you Granny Jan and Papa Jon for my new fire truck! I love to ride it! (especially when Daddy pushes it, he goes so much faster than Mommy!)
Peter go to feel snow for the first time on Tuesday! He was very interested and like the way the cold felt on his little fingers.

2 Comments:

At March 5, 2008 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for your transparency, Keri! Sounds like God is really teaching you right now. Isn't it really exciting to see God showing you things in your life to work on? I mean... it's definitely not always easy... but it is exciting in my own life because it further proves God faithfulness to me that He is conforming me into the image of Christ.
Have a blessed day! :-)

 
At March 6, 2008 at 8:44 AM , Blogger S+S Kline said...

Hey Keri! Wow, it sounds as if God is really doing some amazing things in your lives! Thanks for sharing those words with us...great reminder! Peter is so cute! I just wish he and Adam could meet in person. Can you believe they are going to be 1 year so soon? It's almost unbelievable how fast the time has gone. Glad to see that all is well! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home