Tuesday, March 25, 2008

He is Risen Indeed!


Mommies and their babies - don't they look sweet? Melissa and Bailey, Keri and Peter, Emily and Annie.
One of Brent's good friends was here for Easter from the Air Force Academy. It was so good to see you, Brian!


Okay, so I think this is only my (that is Brent's) third time to write a blog, but Keri and I both decided Resurrection Day would be the perfect opportunity for me to jump back in as an occasional columnist.


This past Sunday the Osterberg family celebrated the resurrection of our savior Jesus Christ, and with my birthday coming up this week, I am asking myself some important questions: "Have you been anticipating your birthday, more than you did Resurrection Day?", "Will you spend your birthday basking in the enjoyment of what Christ has brought you through His death and resurrection or will you spend it enjoying yourself?", and finally, "What is more important: the fact you have lived another year, or that Jesus rose from the dead and is seated at the hand of His Father in heaven?"


Listen, I am not against celebrating birthdays. I just think that as Christians we should see our birthdays as occasions to remember that we are one year closer to eternity in heaven with Jesus all because He took the punishment we deserved for our sin by dying on the cross and rising from the dead three days later. This reality is immeasurably greater than any gift anyone can give me here on earth.

3 Comments:

At March 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

I miss you guys so much! I love peter's outfit. I can't wait to see yall tomorrow.

 
At March 27, 2008 at 4:43 AM , Blogger S+S Kline said...

What a great post! Excellent reminders from Brent. I love the pics of Peter in his little outfit and Keri, you look wonderful! I miss you so much and wish it was easier to make a trip down to the great state of TX! Maybe one day... :) Love ya!

 
At March 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM , Blogger jeanna said...

Peter looks so cute in his suit. I can't wait until next year when I can put Noah in a vest and khaki pants.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home