Friday, June 15, 2012

Family Vacation to San Antonio

I love San Antonio.  It's simple.  San Antonio just has to be one of my top five favorite places of all time.  From the yummy mexican food to the warm breeze off the river, I just get down right giddy at  the thought of visiting this lovely city.  We took a vacation with Doug, Nancy, Courtney and Marty.  Great city, fabulous company.  
Not only did we get to see the Riverwalk, but we stayed at our normal Hyatt Resort with the lazy river and swimming pools.  How wonderful to get to relax and float.  Granted, I am not 8 months pregnant this year, but it was a nice treat all the same.  :)


 One night they had s'mores out on the man-made beach....we partook, naturally....but then the next day little  Justin automatically got out at the beach and went looking for a "mallow".  His instincts told him it was s'more time!  Such a funny kid.

 No s'more, so he settled for a popsicle.  :)

Boat ride down the San Antonio River.  Our guide was knowledgeable and pretty funny too!  It was a great time to feel the breeze and see the pretty night lights.
 Oh. My. Goodness.  Yes, people, we went to Sea World!  I can't describe how much fun I had personally. If I thought I was giddy before, it was nothing compared to the huge rush of excitement when Shamu jumped out of the water!
 We sat right there in the splash zone!!!  Peter and Justin weren't so keen on it, so they went and sat up with the others in the dry zone...but I went back down to sit in the splash zone again.  Yes, by myself.
 I must admit I got a little choked up during the show.  To think that the same mighty God that made me also made this beautiful creature.  And to think that they swim in the big ocean, also created by Him, all those moments that we live too.  They are swimming and existing right now...all because God is good, creative, and it pleases Him to allow it.
 Justin had no qualms about grabbing those dead fish and feeding the anxious dolphins.
 I got to pet one!  It felt like Brent's newly-shaved head.  hahahahahahaha.  (props to Dana for the analogy!)

 We also went to the splash pad to cool off.  That little munchkin catty-corner to me in the upper left of the pic is none other than Peter Lewis, having the time of his life.
Shew.  What a day.  We had a blast with the people we love, worshiping the God we love.  Thank you for a great vacation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home