Sunday, May 19, 2013

Today

Today will be the day that I look back on in the months and years to come as that day.
The day I stood and looked at everything packed in the back of our van.The day the image of everything else packed in the storage unit was still in my mind from the day before.  The day my small family stood in a circle holding hands in the empty living room and prayed to the Lord our God and Maker, thanking Him for who He is and what He has given to us in this house. The day that I was reminded of some very stark truths.

* Homes on Earth are lovely, but I yearn for my home in Heaven.
* Material possessions are nothing compared to the love between family...both blood and redeemed.
* You cannot grow and change if you are not willing to let go of some parts of the past.
* Prayers are needed and used.
* God will be my stronghold in California just the same as He is in Ft Worth....or anywhere else I go.

That day, May 19, 2013, I remembered that Jesus is worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home