Saturday, April 5, 2008

Catching up

Here are a few random pics that I wanted to share.... On the Saturday before Easter, we went to the Botanic gardens with our friends, Matthew and Annie Dorin. We had such a lovely time with a picnic in God's creation! The fellowship was sweet and so was the smell of the flowers. :)
Their little girl, Danielle, was so adorable! Peter was showing her how to eat the flowers. Don't they look so sweet?! I just love Spring time and all that it brings! The Monday after Easter the always "cheap candy day"....I went and got some jelly beans and - my favorite- marshmellow peeps! Sarah Kline, I know you are sitting there with your bag of candy as you read this! :)
After we had such a great time with the Dorins, I went back the next week with Peter's babysitter, Rachael. It was her Spring Break, so we had the whole day together. What a blessing that Peter's sitter is one of my closest friends!
Calling all woodland animals!!
There was a tunnel that you could crawl through and look out the holes. We put Peter down and he just loved it! He crawled back and forth and squawked so he could hear his voice and its echo. Every time I looked over at Peter he had a different stick in his hand.....just like a boy! He would wave it around and point at me with it.On the way down to Houston this last time for NANC, we stopped at SHSU, our old college. It was so fun and nostalgic to walk around the campus where we met, fell in love, and got married - this time with our baby! Here is Peter and me by the fountain, ah the good old times we spent by the fountain!This is called the "pit". It used to be a building way back when, but it burned down....so they turned it into a place to have concerts and welcome parties for the campus.This is Dr. Hill. She was by far the most influential prof for Brent and I. I took 4 of her classes and Brent took 2. She taught English and British Lit. - what we know and love about Tolkien and Lewis we learned from her. It was such a blessing to get to talk with her and catch up on what God is doing in all of our lives!
This is the thinking garden...I have pictures of me here when it was my freshman year at SHSU!Another view of the "pit". Brent and I were in a praise and worship band that got to play a concert here once. :)Salute to Sam - Eat 'em up, Kats!!

2 Comments:

At April 8, 2008 at 10:09 AM , Blogger jeanna said...

Wow, what a treat to see old Sam Houston! Karis is sitting her looking at the pictures with me. I told her your son's name was Peter, and she said, "Peter preach." She knows that Peter preached at Pentecost, and she knows her daddy is a preacher, maybe prophetic words from my three year old about your son!

 
At April 10, 2008 at 5:44 AM , Blogger S+S Kline said...

Keri! Wow, I am way behind on my comments, but I just had to say I love your comment about the candy! Girl, you know me so well! I really stocked up this year... :)

Those are some adorable pics! It looks like you guys are having so much fun! It's been so neat getting to see little Peter as he grows and changes.

Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home