Thursday, April 17, 2008

Five years of wedded bliss!

This weekend, the 19th, is our five year wedding anniversary! That is the day of Peter's first birthday party, so Brent surprised me on Wednesday and took me out. I was not expecting to go out and celebrate until next week! He took me to a wonderful Italian place to eat, Fortuna. It was excellent food - they had yummy bruschetta! Then we went to Starbucks, of course, then he took me on a romantic walk around the water gardens! *sigh* He is so good to me! He rounded off the evening by presenting me with a new Bible - Johnny Mac's NAS study edition. :) What a wonderful way to show someone how much you love them, by investing in their spiritual growth. After we got home, (thank you Dana for babysitting!!!) we watched our wedding video. My dad was the "video-taper" and he did such a great job!! I am so thankful that we have such a thorough and complete documentation of our special day. We laughed, I cried, and we remembered again how blessed we are to have one another. Justin Childers did an excellent job presenting the gospel in our ceremony. What a beautiful picture of Christ and the church we get to represent everyday in our marriage!
The sign says "Fort Worth Water Gardens", in case you can't read it. :)
This fountain was so neat! It pumped 871 gallons of water each minute and was place 40 below ground level.
It was so windy! But that just made it all the more romantic, just like a movie.
I had to take my shoes off to hike down to the bottom part. This was the part that was on the news about a year ago because two people drown...not to put a damper on things....

Brent, thank you so much for a lovely night, but even more for the way you love me the way Christ loves His church. Your love for God and desire to make Him the priority in our home is something that I love and cherish about you. I love you more now than when we first said "I do" and I can't wait to see what blessings, trials, and paths the Lord has planned for us. May we always have Him first and let His love bind us together. Love, your Keri

6 Comments:

At April 18, 2008 at 1:18 PM , Blogger jeanna said...

How sweet! Brent always has been such a romantic. I can't believe it is already five years you guys have been married. Wow! We will celebrate our 9 year anniversary this year. It only gets better with time!

 
At April 18, 2008 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

How sweet of Brent to plan all that for you! What a great husband!

Keri, it's always so fun to talk to you at church, even if it's a brief few seconds in the hallway or at the front of the sanctuary. haha... but I'm looking forward to having more time at the retreat to talk with you ladies. (You are coming, right? I hope!)

 
At April 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At April 19, 2008 at 5:42 AM , Blogger S+S Kline said...

Oh how wonderful! Congratulations! What an amazingly sweet thing for Brent to do! Keri, I just love your dress...you look so pretty! I loved seeing the pics of the water gardens as well. You even had a pic with the TCC building in the background...it brought back memories of walking through the gardens at lunchtime. I miss Fort Worth and I miss you guys!

 
At April 20, 2008 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Sandy Dandy said...

aw, how sweet! congrats guys! we love you!

 
At April 22, 2008 at 10:39 AM , Blogger pastor justin said...

Brent, you are a great example of Ephesians 5:25.
I can't believe its been 5 years. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the wedding worship service. And thanks for being such great friends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home