Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God made the ocean!

 I just had to share this because I thought it came out so cute.  The kids and I did a brief study of the ocean before we went to Florida and to Sea World.  I found a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest but they were all individual projects.  So we did each project and then put them all together on a mural.  We took about three days to make it and we had little mini lessons with each project....
 We learned about jellyfish....(paper plates and pipe cleaners)
 ...crabs...(the kids' hand prints and googly eyes)
 ...starfish...(done mosaic style with construction paper)
 ...we used real sand and shells on the bottom to make the ocean floor.  Each day yielded great opportunities to tell the kids of God's greatness and creativity.  ie - He has numbered every grain of sand....
 We added cotton balls for clouds and added in waves and the sun.  I love how 3D it is.  We also were able to talk about textures and so forth.
They were so proud of it and loved that I hung it in my room to enjoy.  We will definitely be repeating this craft idea.  :)

1 Comments:

At July 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM , Blogger In the way of Joy said...

And you question your homeschool skills? Excellent sister!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home