Thursday, August 16, 2012

Lady Jane's first partaaay!

So Lady's birthday is actually Saturday (you will see pics of that soon) but we had a little part for her today.  We invited her little Sunday school class and any siblings that they might have.  It was so cute to see all our friends come and help us celebrate our little blessing.


 This was the cake table.  I was going for shabby chic, vintage charm.  :)
 I made the bird frame for her with the intention of hanging it in her room afterward.
 My first attempt at fondant.  It was harder than I thought it would be without my tutor, Becca there.  Becca is in the Sunday School class that I teach and she is very talented at cake decorating.  She gave me a lesson and boy, she makes a tricky thing look so easy!  But mine came out ok.  I just need to perfect the technique.  All in good time, I suppose.
 The garland was made out of the little hair clips that we gave out as party favors.  :) Jane has one in her hair in the upcoming pics.
 This was an idea I took from Pinterest.  Baby food jars wrapped in scrapbook paper and hung to display flowers.  So festive!
 Getting ready to receive guests....
We anchored balloons to the front yard to mark the house as the "place to be"!
Since the girls got hair flowers, the boys got marshmallow shooters.  :)  I found this on pinterest too...you put a balloon over the mouth of a plastic cup, load a mallow in, pull back hard and let it fly!  So much fun!  I made a basket full of them and set them out with a big bowl of marshmallows.
We lined the kids up and did a type of "21 Gun Salute" for Jane.  :)  I love Peter's face.

All of our sweet friends!

Gift time!  Jane liked the paper.  :)


All partied out.  Daddy's girl getting some milk before bedtime.  Shew, what a night!  Stay tuned for more fun as Jane officially turns 1 on Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home