Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Week

So this week was pumpkin week.  I love pumpkins...but I think I have already mentioned that.  :)  We started by painting pumpkins and reading the Pumpkin Parable.  (I will post more about that later)  



 A favorite past time of ours is to swing and sing.  We go out in the backyard, usually as we wait for Daddy to get home, and swing on the swing set in the back yard.  I feel like a jukebox most of the time as the kids make their favorite requests.  One of the popular ones is the song "Five Little Pumpkins".  So we made a picture of the Five Little Pumpkins.  Yes, that is glitter. Yes, we did it at the dinning room table.  No, I did not remember to put down newspaper.  Yes, it was a spectacular mess!  :)

 The end of our pumpkin week culminated in a trip to the Flower Mound pumpkin patch.  We go every year and have a blast!  This time was no exception.
 We love Backyardigans!
 It is so great that Peter can take pictures now!  He loves it when I call him over and give him the special job of taking a picture for me.

 Surf's up!

Little Justin....or should I say, Little Brent. He looks so much like his daddy here!
 Jane thought it was HILARIOUS that I was letting her sit in the dirt.  :)
 ...and the tongue.  Always with that tongue!

 Ride 'em, cowboy!  Or it may have been Star Wars speeder bike, I don't remember.  Probably both.
 They have bounce houses, which was where we spent a large chunk of our time.  Peter kept asking me to take pictures of his tricks.  :)

We had a picnic lunch and about that time the storm clouds were rolling in.   So we called it a day and went to Sonic for happy hour.  Being in the cool air, watching my children run and seeing the lovely little pumpkins just made me realize how very blessed I am.  I thank the Lord for the opportunity to grow closer to Him as I teach my children about His creation.  Funny how the flame of your own passion flares as you seek to fuel it in others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home