Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ch, ch, ch,CHANGES!

Big news!  Not just for Peter, but for me as well.  Today, September 5, 2012, was our first day of school!  We did pre-k last year, but this year is kindergarten.  We are no longer Bush League...haha!  Anyway, I digress.... So we started our day by going outside to check the weather (to record on our froggy weather chart) and we prayed to give our time to the Lord.  We are only doing math this week, easing in slowly, see?  Peter learned about circles...

 ..He had lots of encouragement from brother.  Justin had his own little "school books" but he preferred to watch Peter.  :)
 I had so much fun decorating our school wall.  You can't see our lovely alphabet banner...maybe later.  But the teacher in me (I do have my teaching degree for those of you who do not know) really had a field day.  I loved putting up all of the decorations and organizing the desk.  Peter loved the wall too.  He wrapped me in a big hug and said, "Thank you for my school stuff, Mommy!"  He is so sweet.
 Here is his first ever school worksheet!  There is a back too...but you only get to see the front.  He did the furthest circle to the right first, then the middle, then the left.  He was excited that he could see improvement just in that short effort.  So was I.  :)
 In other, but related, news....Peter and Justin have started AWANA at church.  This is a scripture memory program that involves the kids going to age appropriate class and having crafts,games, snacks, Bible lessons, and scripture memory incentive.  Peter got to pick out his very own Bible to take with him.  He was so proud.  The kids loved their class and we have already memorized our verse for this next week.  Peter is a Spark....
 ....and Justin is a Cubbie.  :)  Here is J-man giving me the thumbs-up before I dropped him off.
 And here is Peter outside of the Spark room.
 I just had to add these...Justin drew the above picture.  He told me it was Gollum falling into the lava.  (I love that my kids are already Tolkien fans!)
Peter drew this one.  He told me it was planets with wind storms.  :)  Thank you all for reading this long post while I brag on my lovelies.  I plan to do craft with the kids every Tues, cook every Wed, read every Thurs, and minister every Fri...so stay tuned for more school posts to share in our adventures!  We appreciate your prayers as we enter this new phase of life that God has so graciously brought to us.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home