Sunday, May 26, 2013

Day 1

So as I write this, it is actually day 2 of our venture across the dessert....but I want to give my readers as accurate a play-by-play as possible. :)

 We left Uncle Randy and Aunt Tobin's house early on May 25.  We drove and got to Ft Davis around 3:00.  We got to explore the mountains a little at the state park and see some of the town.  My parents brought to this very spot most summers of my life until I got married, so there are so many memories that I have in this place.  It was so special for me to be able to bring my family back here and have them do some of the very things that I did myself as a little girl....here are pics of a few nostalgic moments:
 We drove up to the scenic overlook.  Here is Peter shouting to God how awesome He is from the mountain top.  :)  Go tell it on the mountain!

 We were up on the over look to watch the sunset.  Nothing like a Davis Mountain sunset!

 We also drove around the state park....pictures by the flood gauge...
 ...and the Indian Lodge's court yard....
 ...and the main entrance.
 We even found some very pretty specimens of volcanic glass.
 Something so captivating about driving through the mountains...
Dinner at the local drug store.

More to come on day 2....stay tuned for more Osterberg Adventures!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home