Thursday, April 22, 2010

Seven years....

That's right! Brent and I have been married for seven years. God has been so good to us and has grown us both more into the image of His Son. We both agree that this marriage is nothing like we pictured it would be - it's BETTER! By the grace of God we are more in love today than we were seven years ago. I love to serve my husband and to encourage him in the Lord and I can tell that he loves me with a love like Christ loves His church. Brent is so wonderful about pulling off great surprises! This dive was featured on the Food Network show "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". I saw the clip and really really wanted to go try it....especially since it is only about 30 minutes from our house! This place is run by a man from Nigeria that wanted to cook. The bank would not give him a loan to start his business because he had no experience....so he got a lease inside a gas station. That's right - you can go and get gourmet food in a GAS STATION! Totally quirky, totally fun, and totally yummy!!
If you look closely above my head you can see the gas station part...the drink coolers and such.


The Menu....everything from pasta to pizza to duck and lobster!

This was our appetizer....mushrooms, cheese and ooey gooey goodness.





The stamp that Guy leaves everytime his Food Network show visits a place. I'm such a dork...hehe.




Afterward we went for cheese cake at the Cheesecake Factory. Again...YUMMO!


I got Lemon Raspberry and Brent got Banana Cream... "Simply spectacular", I mumbled as I shoveled half the pie into my mouth. :)



To end off the night we took a short walk around the fountain at South Lake Towne Center. :)
Brent also surprised me with tickets to a Dallas Summer Musical - I can't wait!!

1 Comments:

At April 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Blogger jeanna said...

What a great anniversary! I can't believe it has already been seven years. Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home